Self Harm Minimisation
Self Harm Minimisation building assessments were undertaken as a result of the number of incidents occurring in both open and secure Mental Health facilities.
The assessments looked at
- Full condition assessment and defect identification
- Visual identification of deleterious / hazardous materials
- The functionality of the building layout
- staff safety and risk assessments
- management of the areas
- Fixtures and fittings (and specification of suitable alternatives).
- Quality of installation of existing anti-ligature fixtures and fittings
- Plan Appraisals of Proposed New Facilities
The report output, produced in combination with on-site staff was a fully prioritised and costed report, which also identified specific products to reduce the risk of self harming. Again, the outputs can be included within the Building Condition Database.